I recently visited Unity College, in Unity Maine, a small environmentally focused college of about 500 students. It’s a wonderful place, and I had a great time. They have a great focus on sustainability in their campus culture. Carrie Eaton invited me to give a talk at their Fishbowl series, which focused on evolutionary approaches to sustainability science, and summarized some ongoing work. Here are the slides that I used, and below is the talk itself. Apologies for the echo towards the end. It’s still quite watchable.
- Food club simulation fits purchasing data with accuracy
- Proseminar on Evolution of Sustainability, University of Bern, Switzerland [video]
- Are COVID-19 environmental improvements permanent?
- Pricing Nature Reduces Monetary Support for Conservation
- The Evolution of Co-operatives
- Dr. Waring to give Annual MacPherson Lecture at the University of Saskatchewan
- RT @LHDnets: Announcing our new @NSF project on spatiotemporal impacts of shifts in species range on rural communities and disease. @uvmve… 3 days ago
- RT @AnnePisor: Interested in the scientific study of human #behavior + #appliedresearch? Join the #WSU Human Sociality Lab! I'm accepting M… 3 days ago
- RT @rlmcelreath: Science as Amateur Software Development 50min talk, webcam edition As frustrating as software engineering can be, it is… 3 days ago
- RT @rlmcelreath: I made some propaganda for my talk https://t.co/CKtI9U7XoV 3 days ago